Alpek collects and processes only those personal data that are necessary to serve the customer in the showroom and e-shop and for Alpek’s contractual loyalty program.
Terminology and definitions
- Data protection subject – identified or unidentified natural person whose data is processed by or under the direction of the responsible person
- Personal data – any information about an identified or identifiable natural person (“data subject”); an identifiable natural person is a person who can be directly or indirectly identified, in particular on the basis of an identification feature such as name, social security code, location information, online identifier or on the basis of one or more physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social characteristics of that natural person.
- The controller is a natural or legal person, public sector institution, office or other body, which alone or together with others determines the purposes and means of personal data processing; if the purposes and means of such processing are determined by Union or Member State law, the controller or the specific criteria for his appointment may be stipulated in Union or Member State law.
- A third party is a natural or legal person, a public sector institution, office or body, excluding the data subject, controller, authorized processor and persons who may process personal data under the direct authority of the controller or authorized processor;
The responsible processor of personal data is Alpek OÜ, registry code 11457530, address Taevavärava tee 4a, Lehmja küla, Rae vald 75306, e-mail: email@example.com
What personal data is processed
- First and last name.
- Phone number.
- E-mail address.
- Product delivery address.
- Bank account number.
- In the case of an electronic channel, the IP address.
- Information about purchases made by the customer and contracts concluded with the customer.
Depending on the need and circumstances, Alpek may process only part of the aforementioned personal data.
For what purpose is personal data processed?
- Personal data is used to manage customer orders and deliver goods.
- Purchase history data (purchase date, product, quantity, customer contact information) is used to create an overview of purchased goods and services and to analyze customer preferences.
- Personal data such as e-mail, phone number, customer name are processed in order to solve issues related to the provision of goods and services (customer support).
- The online store user’s IP address or other network identifiers are processed to provide the online store as an information society service and to compile web usage statistics.
Security and data access
Personal data is stored on Alpek servers located in the territory of a member state of the European Union or countries that have joined the European Economic Area.
Access to the personal data database is only available to Alpek employees who have received the necessary instruction in using the database and have the rights granted to them in the database.
Non-personalized technical data collected by web pages and service environments are stored indefinitely.
Personal data related to personalized inquiries and/or transactions will be stored for no less than 7 years from the last transaction with the service provider due to the obligation to certify transactions in the Accounting Act.
Direct marketing messages
The e-mail address is used to send direct marketing messages only if the customer has given their consent.
Transfer of data to third parties
- Alpek does not disclose personal data to a third party, unless there is a direct legal obligation to do so (for example, at the request of a court or pre-trial procedure) or a justified need.
- Rights of the individual in relation to his data.
- You have the right to access the personal data we collect about you.
- You have the right to request the removal or updating of incorrect data.
- You have the right to opt out of direct mail.
- If you wish, you can request the termination of the processing of your personal data and the deletion of the data, but this may limit the provision of certain services or the provision of personalized content.
- Alpek will reject a request made on the basis of updating incorrect data, if your claim is unfounded or the grounds for rejecting the request arise from the law.
- In order to exercise the above rights, a written request signed by hand or digitally must be submitted.
- To protect your rights, you can contact the Data Protection Inspectorate or the court.
To delete personal data, you must contact us by e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org).
The deletion request will be answered no later than within a month, and the data deletion period will be specified.